Thursday, June 23, 2011

Really!?



Yeah, I thought that too. 70% off plus take another 30% off, so that must make these clothes free, right?

Well, the girl that worked at the store assured me that was not the case. She also assured me that I wasn't the first jagoff who had asked her that same question. You had to be good at algebra to figure out your price on this one. You take your original price, we'll call it X, and take 70% off, then take that resultant price, (X - 70%) and take 30% of that. It looks like they had enough annoying folks like me asking about it that they worked it out for us on the sign. That's good, because I don't think I'm smart enough to work it out even if they gave me a calculator.

It's a sad statement on the state of the economy that 100% off was still not enough of a deal for me to buy.

No comments: