Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 4...and, uh...Day 5

I'm not sure how I totally blew it like I did, but I did. I was supposed to work the early morning shift on Monday morning, starting at 4am, in place of someone who took Labor Day off. So, when 9pm rolled around Sunday night, I figured I'd better get in bed. Hopefully, I could get a full night's rest that way.

Got up at 3am, and got ready for work and realized, on my way out the door to the car, that I never wrote a word on Sunday. I'd just gone to bed, and it had never occurred to me that I was totally blowing it. I could have been a real writer, and I bleeeeeeeewwwwww it!

So, I vowed to write 1,000 words today to make up for the day that I skipped. I got right to it the minute that I had my first chance, and I'm here to report that this morning I wrote 1,017 words. I redeemed myself for yesterday, and wrote my 500 for today, and it's only 9am. How you like me now?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done. I like hearing about the challenges you set yourself. You seem motivated this year. ;)

Rish Outfield said...

Did you really vow to write 100 words?

That seems like nothing, but I know from experience, even a hundred words can be a daunting challenge.

Big Anklevich said...

Whoops, that was a typo. I missed a zero. I'll fix that now, and people who come to this blog later will wonder what the crap you were talking about, and call you an idiot.