Sunday, June 19, 2016

Father's Day

For Father's Day, we made a picnic dinner, and went up the canyon to a lake up there.

The canyon was really crowded because of the day. We'd hoped to do the picnic at one of the many picnic areas, but they were all full, so instead we drove all the way up, and found an empty spot to lay out a blanket and eat. My wife made some amazing sandwiches, and yes, I ate that whole thing.

We opened my presents, which included some hiking poles and a book about all the national parks in the United States. Then, we went over to the lake, and did some fishing.

It was pretty amazing, because with my wife's help, I was able to actually get some time fishing myself. Usually, I spend all my time helping the kids, but she did that for me, and I was able to cast my own line out there instead of babysitting someone else's line.

Of course, the results were the same. I still didn't catch anything. Neither did anyone else, despite the fish that were jumping all over the place. Someday we'll catch something...someday.

No comments: