Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....?

We were at the dollar store the other day, and I saw this product on the shelf:



That's right, grated topping. Not grated Parmesan cheese topping. It's grated topping...with Parmesan. What in blue blazes might be in this to force them to not call it grated Parmesan, I wondered. Because you know that they totally would have if they possibly could have. So, I looked at the ingredients...sorry about the blurry picture. I guess I got too close to the label:


It has dairy whey...which, I guess isn't the worst thing ever. The second ingredient though...Food Starch. FOOD STARCH?!!

What, pray tell, could food starch possibly be? My guess is that it's soylent green. It's made of PEOPLE!

Nah, that's surely not true. Actual soy is sooooo cheap that they would never bother to pay for the people it would take to make real soylent green. And, down at the bottom it says that it contains wheat and soy, despite the fact that nothing on the ingredient list says wheat or soy. I suppose that's what they mean by food starch.

I can't believe some of the stuff people can get away with when it comes to labeling food. Eventually, there will come a day when you can look at the ingredients of products, and it will just say:

Ingredients: Food.

Just eat it, and accept the cancer that it gives you, you filthy commoner.

No comments: