Thursday, June 15, 2023

More Good Stuff Even Cheaper

I mentioned it yesterday, scrolling through Amazon I came across some really great clearance deals that I couldn't turn down. First it was the Buzz Lightyear set. Next I found the Batmobile from the Robert Pattinson movie The Batman on sale for $8. Not only that, but it comes with a Batman figure, a Catwoman figure, and a Penguin figure. All of that came for only $8. That would have been a great deal in the 1980s before inflation made the same candy bar that cost a quarter now worth $1.50.

The only issue was the weathering they'd done on the car and the figures. I can't remember much about that Batman movie, but there must have been some part that happened in a muddy area, because the Batmobile and the figures came with mud spatters all over them.

I don't need the guys to be covered in mud, so I wouldn't want to leave them that way. I could probably use acetone to remove the paint, or if that didn't work, I could just paint over it with black. So, I went ahead and ordered it.

Why would I get a Batmobile, you ask? Well, I suppose it is because of what I've seen Empire Toy Works do with some cars over on his channel.

I want to do the same thing with this car. I would prefer to paint it a differnt color so that nobody looks at it and thinks, "Oh, that's the Batmobile," because it won't be, not in my world. Not that Batman wouldn't be welcome in my world, but if he showed up there, in wouldn't be in this Batmobile, but one of the much cooler ones he's used in other versions.

Hopefully the mud spattering won't be an issue.

Can't decide if I'll keep the tires and make it a Back to the Future-style flying car where the wheels fold up when it flies, or if I'll make it like Empire Toy Works designs with the big engines where the wheels used to go.

The cool thing is that this car lights up already, so no retrofitting would be necessary to get cool effects going on it in pictures.

I already have the police car from the same movie. It was on a big sale at a Walmart I was at months and months ago. It's not as impressive...

Much smaller and no lights or sounds, but it will probably work well to make something like this:

That'll be pretty cool when I get to it.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, but the Catwoman figure comes with a motorcycle helmet, which makes her look like a spaceman...or spacewoman...space person? I don't know....but, she looks exactly like a person who lives on Ankletown station should.

Although it wouldn't hurt if she washed that mud off her legs.

No comments: