Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Falcon

I think I said I wouldn't buy anything more until I started making buildings for my space station...I guess I lied, because I have this to show you.

That is the Micro Galaxy Squadron Millennium Falcon. It's the same toyline that I've bought ships from before. I've been wanting to pick up this Falcon, but I swore I wouldn't buy it unless I ever saw it on a really good sale, because they wanted $45 for this little ship. I mean, it's only a little bit bigger than my hand. It's made to be in scale with figures that are one inch tall. I wasn't gonna spend full price on that.

I didn't have to, though, because I found it on sale for $18 the other day. I scooped it right up when I saw that, and added it to my collection of ships that are 1/72 scale. It'll be able to be on the same space station that I make for the Lightyear ships that I have.

Although, I don't think it's quite in scale with them. The lightyear ships are actually a little bigger than 1/72, and this thing is actually a little smaller than 1/72. A website that I looked up said that this Falcon is actually in 1/136 scale...so about half as big as it should be in relation to the figures that it comes with. Should be fine, however, because I suspect I'll never put the figures next to it in a way that will make you want to compare the sizes.

It is funny, however, because I have a Millennium Falcon hanging up in my study. I bought it about seven years ago when I was at a Walmart with Rish Outfield. It was a snap-together model kit that had been put out for the Force Awakens movie. I didn't know what size it was, but when I did the math to figure out if it was 1/72, I found it to be too small for that. When I got this Falcon, I compared the two and...

If you can't tell, they are pretty much identical in size. Looks like they just enlarged the cockpit a little to make it so that you can fit the figures inside it. My guess is that the ship I had originally was 1/144--the standard model size--and that's why the 1/136 one looks almost identical. I suppose I didn't need to buy that new Falcon after all. Looks like I already had one.

I also just recently got the Lightyear ship that Emperor Zurg flew around in. It was a lot bigger than I thought it would be, and when I put it next to the Falcon...

Yeah, they're pretty much the same size too. There may come a day far in the future when I decide that I have to have all the ships be the actual correct scale, and then I might go out and buy model kits that are actually sized correctly, but that day will not be soon. For now, I'm gonna be happy with this.

No comments: