Monday, October 22, 2012

Vow Of Celibacy

Okay, not really. It's a vow to deprive myself of something wonderful, but not a vow of celibacy. Instead, I've decided to take a vow to abstain from sugar and carbs for the entire rest of the year.

That's right, through the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas seasons.

You see, that's the worst time of the year for me as far as weight gain goes. It's also one of the happiest times of the year for me as well...hmmm...I wonder if that means something. Anyway, I'm going to try to nip it in the bud this year.

I will give myself one day of for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas, though. But that's it.

Last year, I weighed 250 at the beginning of September, and by the time we started that weight loss contest in March I was 283. In six months, I gained 33 lbs. Most of it came on in the holiday months.

We'll see how it goes. I started on October the 10th, and I'm doing fine so far. It's hard, but I'm committed. It'll only get harder as Christmas approaches though. I gotta have nerves of steel if I ever want to have buns of steel, right?

1 comment:

Rish Outfield said...

Your wife told me she's behind your vow of celibacy one hundred percent.