Saturday, December 13, 2014

Another Story Published

After getting that first story out, I got really excited about publishing. I went over the stories that I felt were ready to be published, and gave them one last check-up. Now, I've got another story published on Smashwords.com.

It's one you've surely heard me and Rish mention on the show and elsewhere several times, one of my newest creations. The story is called "Chloey, Joey, Zoey, and David Bowie," and you can buy it now.



I really like the story. It's the tale of three best friends living in a very rural Montana town. They go out together on the final night of summer, and while they're out, they see a meteorite come crashing down to earth. After that, all sorts of stuff goes down. Check it out to find out more.

I wrote the story a few months back, right after I finished with the stories that I published on the blog.

Oh, and again, more stories are imminent. I've got it to a copy and paste level here, so it only takes me a few minutes to get a story formatted and put together. And cover art isn't an issue for me. In fact, I think the cover for this one turned out awesome...I hope you agree.

Anyhow, hope you go buy the story, and like it. Be back soon with more!

3 comments:

Rish Outfield said...

Very good cover art there too. I wish I could do that.

Journey Into... said...

I purchased and read this story. I enjoyed it! Great story! But man, you are mean. :) I am tempted to offer to produce this for a Dunesteef episode, but that means it might not ever get done. I don't know who would be a good voice for David Bowie (probably Rish), but Renee would be a great Chloey, And Lauren Squared could be Joey and Zoey.

Big Anklevich said...

Cool, Marshal. So you were the one guy who bought my story. Thanks!

I'm glad you liked it. Sorry it was mean. I don't know why I have that bent for telling that kind of a story. I suppose it's something I've got to work on if I ever want to people to read a second story of mine.

As far as producing it goes, I'd be happy to let you. Rish told me once that he could do Bowie. One thing that I tried to mention only obliquely in the story, though, is that Joey is a black girl. I don't know if it was too subtle or if it came across. That might change your casting choice though. Then again, maybe it won't.