Saturday, July 27, 2019

Duplicated...Duplicated...duplicated...duplicated

I was walking through my local Walmart when I saw this shirt in the kids section:


I know it's a line from the movie...the original movie. I don't know if it's a line from the new remake, because I never saw that, and I never will. I make no secret of my disdain for Disney's soulless live action remakes of their original masterpieces that they've created throughout the years. I find it crass, grasping, and despicable.

And I think the quote on this shirt says it all. I think it's really funny that Disney put it out themselves. As Rish Outfield would say, "don't you think that's a little on the nose?" Oh, wait, Rish hates that phrase. Somebody else would say that.

These crappy remakes are imitating the originals, but not coming close to duplicating them. I present this as exhibit A:


That's enough to make me say:



Disney doesn't care, because they make scads and oodles of money on these things as the public continues to go out and pay their money to see them, but I just think it's funny that they were the ones who put out the shirt trashing their own new movie...and they did it in an attempt to promote their new movie. Was there some subversive designer that snuck this shirt in under the radar. Stupid execs looked at it and thought, "Okay, that's a quote from the movie, that one passes," while the shirt designer chuckled mischievously to himself.

I hope that's what happened. I'd like to think there's more members of the resistance out there than just me.

No comments: