Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Progress On The Wall Of Voodoo

I've wanted a big fancy wall of divided shelves to display my toys on for a while. I fashion it after the Wall of Magic from the Mental Floss YouTube show.


Rish renamed it the Wall of Voodoo for me, because he prefers black magic to the benign stuff. Yesterday, I put together the two first shelf dividers in my wall of magic, and I'm pretty excited to see it start coming together. Here's shelf one:


I had excess pieces of the same bookshelf that I just cut down into smaller pieces and then nailed them together with our nail gun to get them into shape. Right after I finished the first one, I did a second:


So, the top corner of the Wall of Voodoo is finished!


There's still tons to go on it, but it is actually starting to take shape, and that makes me very excited.

I've also been working on the other side of the study where the books are. I've been making little dividers that enclose the books, and make it so that I can use the empty space above them for more toys. I did these yesterday too:




And I did these ones a few weeks ago:



So, now the entire right two bookshelves are completely built out and filled in. That feels like a big milestone to me. What do you think?

No comments: