Wednesday, September 25, 2019

One Last Imelda Post

I thought I'd post these pictures. I forgot to put them in my big overarching Imelda post that I just did yesterday, but I still think they're worth showing off. These are a couple of containers that were left out in my backyard during the storm. This is a...I don't know...sort of a new style wheelbarrow kind of thing. We were using it while we worked out in the yard, and didn't get it put away before the storm hit. Check it out.


So, the entire thing filled with water. It wasn't sitting under the roofline are anything that could have gathered a lot of rain to fill that bucket with. It was simply out in the open, and the water in it is the actual amount of the rain that fell. Actually, there could have been more, because I think it's likely that some flowed over the top. I spilled a little out of it when I moved it, but when I found it, it was right up to the top.

Who's ever seen a fake wheelbarrow thing though? How big is it actually? Here's a shot with my hand in it to give you a little idea of scale.


Here's something that might look a little more familiar:


That's another great big bucket that I'm sure you've seen a bunch of times--something like two feet tall, and again it was out in the open, not under the roof. Yet there it is, full to the tippy top. We got at least that much rain. Two feet or so of rain came down during Imelda. That's a lot of water to deal with.

No comments: