Sunday, January 26, 2020

Darth Paper

My son's school class read a book called The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger. They really enjoyed it.


My son got so into it, that he progressed straight on into the sequel Darth Paper Strikes Back and now he's reading The Secret Of The Fortune Wookie.


He spends at least 50% of his waking hours folding paper into the shape of Yoda (or Baby Yoda), Darth Vader, Chewbacca and so on.


The one with the crazy face looks more like Dobby from Harry Potter, doesn't he? Anyway, it's pretty cute stuff, especially considering how much I love that Star Wars trilogy and all the characters that come from it. I have Star Wars stuff all over the place too as these pictures attest:











However, it is getting out of control. I'm going to run out of paper soon. There's folded paper, and cut paper, and crumpled paper everywhere in the house. My wife originally felt bad tossing the finished products in the trash, because they were good and very cute. After the 50th origami Yoda or so, however, she gave up on that worry, and threw them away with abandon. We have to just to be able to keep up.

So, I'm here to both recommend the books by Tom Angleberger and warn you what will happen when your kids get your hands on them. Good luck.

No comments: