Wednesday, June 3, 2020

I Surrender

You may recall my earlier posts about how our bird feeders get raided by the local squirrels instead. I did one in 2019 and another one just a two weeks ago.

We've got all this birdseed, and we really want to use it to draw birds to our backyard. It would be fun to see all the different birds that are around.

However, the squirrels, that we're not particularly interested in encouraging seem to be the only ones getting any of the seeds. We're afraid the squirrels might be getting into our attic, so we certainly don't want to encourage them by putting out a pile of food for them to use.

We thought that trying a new bird feeder would possibly keep the squirrels out, but it turns out they had no problem climbing that one as well. I still harbored some kind of hope that we could find the right kind of bird feeder to outwit the squirrels, but then I saw this video by Mark Rober, and realized that I need to just give up all hope of that completely.



You have to know when you're beat, and there's no way I can stand up to something like that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.