Friday, April 23, 2010

Day Three

I almost didn't do it. It was late, and I was ready for bed. I'd already posted the podcast, and then I remembered that I hadn't written yet. Grrrrrumble. I debated for several minutes, then I finally pulled out my file and started typing. Now I'm at 2,469 words. That's what, 900 more than yesterday. That's a good, productive half hour's work.

I think this story is going to be really long. In the end it'll probably be a Novella. 20,000 may be a low estimate. I need to get to the inciting incident pretty soon if I don't want it to be endless.

I was also thinking that these posts may get tiresome too. I think I might try loading the word counter into the sidebar somehow, and updating it daily there. That way I can post about something else once in a while. But if you notice that it's not going up every day, get on my case, please.

2 comments:

Jason said...

I don't think they are annoying, and posting something is better than nothing, right?

Rish Outfield said...

Agreed. If posting your progress on here for all to see helps motivate you (like it did last night), then keep it up.