Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Round Two Arrives

Ever since I finished my diet about six weeks ago, I've been dreading this day. My wife wasn't satisfied with the amount of weight we lost last time. It was good, but we both had more to lose. So, she started planning our next round. And dammit if the day hasn't arrived.

I've only been on it for a few hours, and I'm already hungry. That could be partly because of the fact that Rish and I went out and pigged out last night to celebrate my last night of freedom. I ate a huge, greasy bacon burger, and drank something like a bucket's worth of Dr. Pepper. I lived it up while I could. Soda is now strictly verboten. I don't know if everyone else is like this, but whenever I pig out at night, I find myself twice as hungry as normal the next morning. So, now I'm paying for my excess. Oh well.

The diet worked really well last time, so I guess we can all expect to be seeing a lot less Anklevich. If you hear me whining, shouting, or complaining, by the way, I apologize. It's one of those features of being hungry. A friend of ours who has done the same diet as us coined a new term. She says that this diet makes you hangry. Yes, that's a combination of hungry and angry. I remember being hangry a lot last time. So, I apologize now in advance for my short temper and general irritability.

No comments: