Wednesday, October 12, 2016

A Different Option

I've been able to vote in elections since 1992, and I've worked in the news business since 2000. I've seen a lot of politicians come into the station, local politicians, congressmen, and senators, and several governors as well. However, never before have I been able to get a picture with the guy I was planning to vote for for president.

I'm not voting Hillary, and I'm not voting Trump. Neither of those candidates strike me as anything but skeezy. However, the guy who came to our station today for an interview, I could get behind.

He's not the perfect Libertarian candidate, but seriously, considering the options, I'll take him. So, I went ahead and grabbed a photo with the guy. It's kind of neat to be able to do. I don't expect he'll win, but it seems like it might be time to give a third party a chance.

No comments: