Friday, December 8, 2017

A Christmas Miracle

Can you believe it? It snowed in Houston.

It's something I figured I'd never see in Houston at all, but especially not in my first winter.

I think Houston just wanted us to feel more at home and welcome.

And don't get confused by that picture. It wasn't all that much snow. That snowman is about twelve inches tall and is sitting on top of our patio table, that's not a deck.

2017. I wonder how many more years I’ll be here before this happens again. The news says the last time it happened was 2009. That was about a year and a half into our run on the Dunesteef Audio Fiction Magazine. We're amazingly closing in on a decade in operation.

I took my good camera outside and got some pictures that seemed the most interesting to me. Pictures that really demonstrate the oddity of the snow in such a place.

No comments: