Friday, December 29, 2017

Audio To Paper

I never actually read anymore. It's a thing I do very seldom. I still read tons of books, however. I just listen to them instead. I get them from the library or I get them from audible.

But, like many readers, I love books. Physical, paper books. You might guess if you come in my front door, and turn to the right, because this is what you'd see:

Yeah, there's a lot of toys there, but there's even more books. They go together well, I'd say.

Anyway, I don't know if you're like me, but these days, I use audiobooks as a way for an author to audition for the purchase of actual books. I listen to a book, and if I really like it, I put it on the list for physical book purchase. So, that's a long roundabout way to get to this point. I finally got some physical books that I'd auditioned as audiobooks. My wife got them for me for Christmas. I've listened to the whole series so far, and now it's time to start buying them up.

Just need to get the rest of them now...

2 comments:

Dave said...

One that has caused intense hatred and also love is Ann Leckie's Ancillary Justice. I am wondering how you feel about it, if of course you have listened to it.

Big Anklevich said...

You know, I started reading (listening to) that one, but I had to stop because I came dangerously close to falling asleep every time I did. When you listen while driving, that is not okay. A book's only job is to keep me awake. I never got into the story enough to even know what was going on. But it won awards and stuff, so it's gotta be good eventually, right?