Thursday, March 15, 2018

Big In The Big Easy

Me and the fam went to New Orleans over the weekend and into Monday and Tuesday as well. It was my first time there, and I really loved the place, as did the rest of the family.

It was unbelievably beautiful in the swamps and bayous. We took a boat out onto the bayous and saw a bunch of gators and turtles.

We hiked the Jean Lafitte National Preserve Barataria visitor center trail which was probably the most beautiful hike I've ever been on.

We spent a day in the French Quarter, and ate a bunch of Cajun food.

There's a picture of the Jambalaya that I ate at Mother's restaurant that was my absolute favorite thing from the trip. It had a bunch of rice in it, so probably not good for diabetes, but I survived.

We also took the St. Charles street car up to Audobon Park and Tulane/Loyala Universities. So very pretty up there. I loved the idiosyncratic architecture, the nature, oh, and I got to see the Mississippi River for the first time in my life as well, that was pretty exciting.

This is me at the statue of Louis Armstrong in Louis Armstrong Park.

You can check with Rish for confirmation, I've been into Big Band Jazz since he's known me. So, being able to go to Louis Armstrong Park was a pretty special thing for me.

This is me holding a baby alligator.

And lastly, this is me eating gator sausage. It wasn't made from the baby alligator in the previous picture, so don't worry. It was not too shabby, and typically, since it was New Orleans, it was good and spicy.

1 comment:

Rish Outfield said...

Funny seeing you with a statue of Satchmo, considering your nickname in college was . . . wait for it . . . Snatchmo.