Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Writing Update

After announcing the Broken Mirror challenge between Rish Outfield and me on February 26th, I rushed right in and didn't write at all for several days. Luckily for me, there was a deadline involved, and eventually, I was driven to actually write.

I posted about it on Facebook.


After that, I realized that it was March 1st when I started writing...it seemed like there was an obvious thing that I needed to do because of that fact. That's right, I needed to write every day for the month. So, I did my best to do so. The next day:



And the next day:



And the next day:



And the next:


And the next:


Then, I think the biggest day was this one:


This was really something special for me. I didn't want to do it, but I did, and it made me feel amazing. After that, I was excited to keep going. Even if it was just barely, like the next day:


Yeah, 318 is better than nothing, but it almost is. I had to step it up to finish on time.


Damn. I didn't quite make it. Worse yet, now it was time for me to go on vacation to New Orleans. Was I going to be able to keep it up?

Well, I did. I wrote every day with my wireless keyboard and my phone in my hotel room in River Ridge. Again, I never wanted to. We had several long days, and I was pretty tired at the end of them, but I forced myself to write at least a little bit. And it was a very little bit, but I wrote even on vacation, and that felt like a huge gain.

Finally, I went full out to finish up that story:


Now that I finished that story, and I'm back into the habit of writing, I need to get back to writing on Sunny & Gray. Going after it now, and feeling good.

No comments: