Saturday, April 4, 2020

The Longest Crescendo

When I saw this, I knew I had to share it.

When I was younger, I had a cassette with Holst's The Planets and Ravel's Bolero on it. I listened to it enough that they are now both among my favorite classical music pieces. Now, in these trying times (I believe it is law that you have to put that phrase into any blog post or news story now, it's one of the riders they added to the stimulus bill), with everyone staying home, there's not a lot of opportunity for classical music. After all, an orchestra requires a lot of people. They make a 10 person ska band look positively tiny. So, creativity is required. The National Orchestra of France got creative, and put out this totally awesome video that brought tears to my eyes (though I do cry easily, and at weird things, I admit).

Check it out, and love it.

No comments: