Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Artiste With Bricks

Still life paintings of fruit bowls have long been staple of fine art. Here's one that Pablo Picasso did in 1918:

Here's one by Paul Cezanne:

So, it seems like something that every artist needs to do at some point. Maybe that's what my son was thinking when he started making fruit out of Legos this week. The first thing he did was a banana.

And an apple.

Those were pretty cute, I thought. But the next thing I knew, I came home from work and this entire bowl of fruit was waiting on the bar.

I thought it was pretty impressive.

He'd made a big old blue bowl to house his banana and apple, and then continued on to fill the bowl. He made a pear.

And an orange.

And even a slice of watermelon.

My wife says he made some grapes as well, but wasn't happy with how they turned out so he trashed them.

All in all, pretty cool and a lot of fun, so I just had to share it.

No comments: