Sunday, June 27, 2021

The Ever-Expanding Collection Of Hulkbusters

Rish sent me this text about a month ago.

Get thee behind me, Satan. As if I needed temptation to buy a Hulkbuster. Though I did hold out for nearly a month before I finally broke down and bought it today.

Toys like this stay around forever. There's no rush to buy it before the other collectors do, because the vast majority of collectors think they are too good to buy a toy that was made for a kid.

Sometimes it's nice to have an option that I can buy any time. It's like when girls shove a guy in the friend zone. He's there, and they can give in to him whenever they want and he'll be ready and waiting, but for the time being they can hold out for something better.

There always comes that day when you went from store to store to store, and didn't find anything even remotely interesting. Well, that day was today, so I finally broke down and bought that Hulkbuster.

It's supposed to be a suit that you can put the Iron Man figure inside of, but they didn't make any place for his arms to go. The suit's arms aren't hollow. You can't put them in there. They left a hole open for arms to just stick out the side. I tried putting them back, so you don't see them as much, but that's pretty weird.

If I take Iron Man out, the suit could stand on its own, but it would have an unsightly hole in its side.

Then again, if I just make it facing forward, you probably wouldn't ever notice.

Yeah. I think I'll give the Iron Man figure to my son, and just pose the suit without its occupant.

Rish wants me to paint it all up like this Titan Heroes figure I upgraded.

I suppose I could probably do that at some point. There is a lot of unpainted detail even in this kids' figure that could be enhanced with a good paint job. Then again, the Titan Heroes guy is a kids' figure too, so that shouldn't be a surprise at all.

I've got a lot of other Hulkbusters to upgrade with a new paint job before I ever get to this one, though. I've got way too many Hulkbusters to be honest. And now I've added another one.

No comments: