Monday, May 1, 2023

As Seen On TV

They put up one of those standee things in Walmart a month or so ago that is filled with model kits. A few of them I was interested in. They have a B-wing and an X-wing kit from Star Wars, for example, and if they were cheaper, I definitely would have bought the B-wing by now.

Yesterday, when I was walking by, I saw this model kit, and it kind of cracked me up.

I got nothing against the Green Hornet, but even I'm too young to remember when it was a popular TV show, and I'm older that dirt. The only hornet I remember was the Brown Hornet from Fat Albert, which certifies my credentials as older than dirt.

So, I had to wonder, just how old are these model kits? Did they find this standee in the back when they cleaned out the corner where they always throw their boxes and then just dusted it off and put it on the floor? Or do the model kit makers just know that mostly retired people put models together, and they used the box art that would grab them right in the feels and yank them in to buy? Probably the latter, I suppose.

No comments: