Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Toy Overload, Part 4

Okay, day four of this, and we're still going. Here's another figure that Rish sent out to me in trunk of my daughter's car. The Endor version of Han Solo.

I was talking with Rish about how I was tempted to get the figure at the store, where you can pretty easily find it right now. Rish said that I would probably find it on clearance later, but I knew that was unlikely here in Houston. 

Then he said something about having several left over in his inventory from the last time that they released this figure a year or two ago that he got on sale. There was no difference from that figure and this new one, and I figured I could buy it from Rish instead of from the store. 

He found a Han in his piles of inventory, and sent me this picture with the figures he was setting aside.

 That was cool. I wondered if I should just get all of the three main characters in Endor gear from him.

I didn't realize this, but apparently that was an offensive thing to suggest. I think Rish was a little irritated with me, because now I was asking for figures he could sell for much more. That wasn't my intention. I just figured that I could help Rish if there were figures that he couldn't get more than the original price for that I wanted, it would be better to buy them from him than from a store. I don't know which figures those are though. So, I let it go.

Instead, while I was at the store one day, I saw Princess Leia in Endor gear on the pegs, and I grabbed it. Figures aren't cheap anymore, but as I've said, Star Wars doesn't make it to clearance around here. So, I went ahead and bought the princess to stand on the shelf with my forthcoming Han. When he arrived, I put them both on the shelf and took this quick picture.

Is it just me, or do they look out of focus? They're not out of focus, but they kind of are too. I don't know. Doesn't matter, it's not a great picture. There's a bunch of garbage on the shelf behind them and they're not really posed. So, I posed them up, and put them together with the few ewoks that I have, and took a second picture for y'all to check out.


It looks pretty good. I'm hoping they'll re-release the Luke in Endor gear sometime this year. It's the 40th anniversary of the release of Return of the Jedi this year, and they're releasing these figures in honor of that. There is another ewok forthcoming, and I'll definitely get that. 

If I keep this up, I'll have a lot of Endor figures. I may have to create some kind of Endor diorama with trees and stuff. I could make them the same way I made the creepy trees for my Halloween diorama.

 
Hard to see, but they look like standard tree-shaped versions of this tree that my daughter made using the same techniques.
 

I could make some great big tree trunks like these (minus the scary face) to go all around them. Hell, maybe I could even make an ewok village to hang in the trees using coffee stirring sticks...that's what all the YouTube guys that make videos about scratch building use, it seems. That could be fun, but it's a long time off, I think.

1 comment:

Rish Outfield said...

I totally could've sent you that Endor Leia, just not the Luke. Whoops.