Saturday, April 6, 2019

Full Power


Yesterday, I just had a lot of time available to me to write. Since I did, I went ahead and wrote more. I kept sending Rish updates of my word count throughout the day, as he sent me updates about what characters he was killing off in his story. First it was 425, then 893. Next I was at 1,388. I wrote on my lunch break, and that finally put an end to my writing time for the day. I finished off at 1,509. That's a high for me so far. In fact, my word count today outpaces all the rest of the days of the month put together.

I wish I could say that "The Christmas Creature" was close to coming to a close, but it's not. It's going to be a longer story than I really wanted it to be. I kind of worry that it might be boring as well. I hope not. Bringing things along slowly seems to be a tactic that isn't appreciated much in this modern age. It's not time for things to start exploding and burning down yet, but will people hang around until the spectacle starts? Who knows. I wish I did.

Anyhow, my word count so far:

Words Today: 1509
Words Total: 2868

No comments: