Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Bat Colony

Last night, we went out to visit the Waugh Drive bat colony. It's something that I heard about way back when we first moved to Houston, and really wanted to see, but we never did, and until just the other day, I totally forgot about it.

Let me tell you, it was absolutely awesome. There's a colony of bats that live in the bridge over the river at Waugh Drive, hundreds of thousands of bats. They stay in the bridge all day long, and then come out all at once. It's a crazy sight, and it totally blew me away. I recorded a video, and you all can check it out.



If there's anything like that where you live, I'd recommend checking it out. Amazing.

2 comments:

Dave the former Texican. said...

Bats are cool. Who would not like this?

Rish Outfield said...

Wish I could've seen this in person. I'm tempted to make you podcast about it.