Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Nice To Meetcha

We’ve been slowly trying to introduce Jupiter (the new kitten) to Juno (the crabby old cat), so that they can live together with us. We started with the kitten closed up inside our bedroom for a few days, so Juno could start realizing that there’s someone new.
 
Today, my wife put the kitten in my den, because there’s doors with windows in them, so Juno can see the new addition without being able to attack. I guess we’ll do a couple of days of that.
 
Juno hisses at Jupiter whenever she sees the kitten. I believe that’s normal. Today, she sat outside the den, keeping guard I guess.
 

That's Juno through the window, sitting on the rug and keeping watch. And this is Jupiter causing a ruckus in my den,
 

Any suggestions or advice on introducing cats that I need to know?

No comments: