Wednesday, September 1, 2021

The Very Next Day

When I went to visit Rish Outfield, he sent me home with several toys that he'd been saving up for my arrival. One toy that he wanted to give me, however, he couldn't find. 

I expressed interest in getting a SuperPatriot figure several months ago for my Fourth of July displays, and Rish said, "Oh, I've got some of those. They're worthless. Let me see if I can find it for you."

Well, he never could find it. I'm not too surprised. He's sent me some pictures of his storage shed before, and it is full to the brim. More bacon than the pan can handle. 

Funny thing is, it's been what? A week and a half since we left, and today he sends me this picture, saying look what I found.

There he is, the SuperPatriot in all his glory. Of course it's too late for me to just bring it back with me. Now we'll have to pay for shipping. The universe is cruel sometimes, right?

What am I saying, we've been living through covid for the last year and a half, you all know good and well that the universe is cruel without this trivial example. Sorry to bother you. Carry on.

No comments: