Friday, September 17, 2021

We Don't Need Roads

As I'm working on finishing up the Wall of Voodoo, I also have to finish up certain things needed to display the toys I'm going to put in the dividers on my shelves. Like my DeLorean from Back to the Future

I don't want it to just sit there like a car on the shelf. It's got wheels that turn down to put it in flight position. It would be such a shame not to display the car flying.

That means that I'll have to make myself a flight stand for a car though. I think I can do it, but I've never tried it before.

I'm going to use the same method that I did for the flight stands that I made a video about on my Toy channel.

I needed to make it much bigger though.

Turns out that was really the only big difference, and it wasn't much more difficult than the one post stand.

The hardest part was just messing with the length of the posts to give it that ideal tilt without overdoing it and cutting a post off too short. It looks like it'll work, but this picture doesn't give you a real feel for it. Let's get it painted and then you'll see.

There we go. and since it's a black stand on a black shelf, it's nearly invisible. It looks like the car really is flying. Though, there's a spot on one of the posts that I missed. Gotta fix that.

No comments: