Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Vintage Collection Not Vintage Price

Star Wars Vintage Collection is a pretty great line. They charge way to much for the figures, considering that they are only 3 3/4 inches tall, but they are quality, at least. They look really good. When it comes down to it, every line is charging way too much for their figures. The six inch lines have doubled their prices in the last year or two as well.

I don't buy a lot of Vintage Collection, because of the price, but here and there I'll find an alien character on the shelves, and I can't help but buy them up. I did that a few weeks ago when I was with Rish Outfield, and I saw this guy:

The other day, I had another moment like that. I went into Target, and they had Nien Nunb. I couldn't help but grab it and buy it for my space station collection, despite the fact that it was too expensive, and I shouldn't be spending that kind of money on an itty bitty figure like that.

So, here he is:


Not only does he cost more, but he's shorter than usual too. Not as short as a jawa or an ugnaught, but pretty short. I wonder if I couldn't swap heads between him and Kuiil, the ugnaught from the first season of The Mandalorian. That might be fun. Not necessary, however. That's the great thing about the Vintage Collection. Most of those figures are good to go straight out of the box. No weathering or other upgrades necessary...although they wouldn't hurt, of course.

No comments: