Sunday, October 22, 2023

Victory Or Defeat?

There's an old Guns 'n' Roses song that starts with a quote from a movie...I believe it was Cool Hand Luke...that says, "What we've got here is failure to communicate." That quote popped into my head when I saw this flyer handed to me by a guy who was selling banana bread for a charity in the parking lot of Sam's Club today.

There a major design flaw to this thing that I bet you don't even notice. Let me show it to you at a smaller size, and it will jump out at you.

What does the flyer say? Something something ADDICTION STARTS HERE!

This is supposed to be a flyer for a program that helps people overcome their addictions, but it sounds like they're advertising picking up new ones instead, right?

Why didn't they adjust the tiny type above the word addiction to make it say what they wanted. If it went:

At least then it's not advertising the opposite of what you are after. That's all. Just wanted to point that out, I guess.

No comments: