Sunday, October 21, 2018

Horning In

My wife brought home some cereal for the kids this week, and it kind of surprised me. Has this been a thing before this year?


We did an episode of That Gets My Goat way back when where we tried all of the famous Halloween cereals like Count Chocula, Boo Berry, and Franken Berry. Those cereals are made by General Mills, and have been ruling the roost as far as Halloween themed cereals go for decades. But this limited edition of Froot Loops with Spooky Marshmallows is made by Kellogg's. Looks like they've been seeing all that sweet, sweet Halloween cash going to the shop across the street instead of to them, and they've decided to try to find a way to get their share.


They're going with the purple and orange color scheme, which a lot of places have decided are the official colors of Halloween or something, similar to how red and green seem to be that for Christmas. Don't know how purple pushed black out. I always thought it was black and orange until now. And the marshmallows are ghosts, bats, and Frankenstein's Monster heads.

Well, my kids are now chowing down on this crap for breakfast each day. I'll make sure that they don't get too much more of it, so that they don't end up diabetic like their dad.

Oh, and I did already get them a box of Count Chocula earlier this month. So, I haven't gone traitor on General Mills and the original stuff or anything.

No comments: