Thursday, October 18, 2018

Read The Label

We ran out of Tylenol this week, and my wife had a really bad headache, so I ran out to Kroger and picked up a new bottle. Of course I bought the generic, which just goes by the drug name and not the brand name. So, mine just says Acetaminophen on the label.


Then, when I got home, I noticed the sticker on the lid. Looks like I got the right kind. Would have been a shame if I'd bought the acetaminophen that doesn't contain acetaminophen.


Can someone tell me why this is there? Are we so damn stupid that we can't tell that a bottle marked in big white letters with the word acetaminophen has acetaminophen in it? And jeez, always read the label! Because next time there may be no superfluous sticker on top of the bottle of acetaminophen to warn you that the product in that bottle contains acetaminophen. Who's gonna save you then?

1 comment:

Dave said...

Probably because Acetaminophen besides being virtually impossible to spell, is hard on the body (it's a steroid if I member rightly) and not recommended for children.