Sunday, October 28, 2018

It Has Begun

I've been trying to change my eating habits since last December. I've had a lot of really bad habits that eventually led to me acquiring type II diabetes. Not all of it was my fault, I'm glad to admit. I've recently learned just how utterly wrong all the dietary guidelines our governments, and subsequently pretty much everyone else, have been advising us with, but not even the their wrongheaded guidelines ever said that sugar was good for us. They just distracted us from what we should be worrying about by telling us that the good guy was also a bad guy.

All these dozens of years of doing it the wrong way...



Have left me with a lot of hang-ups. There's a lot of things out there that are really bad for me that, nevertheless, I love...LOVE. I'm trying to avoid them, but sometimes it can be difficult. And now, another one of them has reared its ugly head to get me. Behold:


Yes, I love...LOVE egg nog. There have been years where I guzzled my way through gallons upon gallons of the stuff.


The most positive part of egg nog showing up in the stores...already...is that the rest of the year, it's not around. I'm glad that, at the very least, it's a seasonal item that I don't have to battle year round.

The negative part is that it is part of the hardest part of the year. Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are holidays that revolve around food, are almost solely about food, and my diabetes doctor once said that everyone gets their worst A1C score of the year on their appointment after December. Egg nog in the coolers means that all the other things are coming too, peppermint ice cream, caramel apples, strawberry rhubarb pie, and so on. There's going to be food at work to avoid over and over and over again.

It's going to be rough, but I'm determined. I started Keto in December of last year, and I swear that December will be my best time this year too.

1 comment:

Journey Into... said...

First off, that is my favorite scene from that movie, although the entire movie is hilarious.

Second, I love egg nog too. I am always happy to see it in stores every year, but I do try to ration myself.