Sunday, October 20, 2019

Halloween Arts And Crafts

I watched a YouTube video about how to make a spooky tree so that I could create my scary graveyard toy display for my YouTube toy channel. I watched this video:



But didn't follow the instructions exactly. I didn't want a tree with a face or arms or anything. Just a tree that was action figure sized for atmosphere in the graveyard scene. This was my final product if you didn't see the video:


Or, if you prefer, you could just watch the video:



But after finishing the video, the artsy kids in the family got together and made their own versions of the tree. My daughter that spends all her free time with art stuck pretty closely to the instructions. She didn't just want an atmosphere tree, she wanted a spooky tree with light up eyes and candy corn on its head. Hers came out really well, I think. Here's a look:


Here's what its face looks like when the light is on:



Face close up:


The seven-year-old, I suppose we could just call him Little Anklevich, wouldn't let that candy corn last long though. By the time I took this high-angle picture to demonstrate how the candy sits in the tree, the level was already lowering.


Little made his own tree, though. He decided to do a hybrid between my regular, faceless atmosphere-style tree, and his sister's by the rulebook, candy corn on top tree. Here's what he came out with.


It's got a little bowl at the top to put candy corn in, but it only fits about three pieces. The candy corn lasts even less time in that one.

No comments: