Thursday, October 3, 2019

I Got Something Better

I put out my Halloween decorations video yesterday, and in it I came up with some goofy names for the superheroes that I replaced their heads with skulls. There was Skullbuster in place of Hulkbuster.


Iron Skull in place of Iron Man.


And yes, both of those are names that are already taken in Marvel Comics. That was kind of the point. Then I did this to Captain America:


And I just couldn't come up with a good name for it. I settled on the totally lame, Captain Ameri-corpse, and invited my audience (what little of it there is) to come up with something better.

No sooner did I do that then I came up with the perfect name by myself. I was thinking of Cap Wolf, which is what they call Captain America from a short run in the nineties when he was bitten by a werewolf and became on himself. It made me realize that Cap something was what the name needed to be. Cap Skull...no, and then I realized, it HAD to be Skull Cap. Because it's a pun! And puns are the best, right?


That's okay. I'm going to save that name for the eventual day when I write my Skeleton Crew story idea. I'll have the guys in the Skeleton Crew call the leader Skull Cap. That'll work.

I also feel that I ought to mention that my audience (what little of it there is) did give me one option. Marshal offered me the idea of Red, White, and Blue Skull which is fun on its own, but is also a play on the fact that Red Skull is Cap's nemesis. Not too shabby Marshal.

No comments: