Monday, February 8, 2021

Cockroach Cluster II

The other day, my wife came home from work, walked in the back door to the kitchen, and freaked out. Not for the usual reason...the kitchen wasn't a mess. Instead, she saw four cockroaches on the counter! FOUR!

I lived my whole youth in California, and I never had to deal with cockroaches. Now I'm getting used to them, and let me assure you that they are the grossest, most awful, disgusting insects out there. They fill me, and everyone else in the family, with revulsion.

So, seeing four of them all bunched together on the counter was a horrifying sight for my wife. The weird thing was that they didn't scatter when she came in. They just sat there, unmoving. She felt a little safer upon noticing this. They must already be dead. Still gross, but at least they were neutralized already.

She moved closer to check them out, and even snapped a photo. Here's what she saw:

Those cockroaches looked a little odd...not so much like cockroaches at all, actually. They look more like...hmm...oh, whoops. She'd been screaming and grossed out over a bunch of pecan halves.

The other day, my daughter had made brownies for our Super Bowl party, and my wife put nuts on half a pan's worth of them. Most of the kids are not fans of pecans. When the plain brownie supply ran out, they had to move on to the pecan-topped brownies. They weren't about to eat those pecans, however. They just picked them off, and ate the rest of the brownie, leaving a surprisingly large gathering of cockroaches behind to frighten my wife.

She shouted up the stairs, and made the kids come down to clean up the mess they'd made. Giving them an earful for scaring her with these counterfeit cockroaches. Hopefully, a lesson has been learned through all of this...you shouldn't put pecans in brownies. Everybody knows that.

No comments: