Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Birthday Or Father's Day?

My son just had his ninth birthday. He got this Baby Yoda...doll, I guess you can't call it anything other than a doll...or maybe a stuffed animal, I guess...as one of his presents.

He was really excited about this one. My wife couldn't understand why, though. It wasn't the version that moved, or talked, or did anything. You couldn't pose it like an action figure either. It was just basically a stuffed animal, but with a hard plastic head.

Truthfully, I didn't know what you might do with it either, other that carry it around with you as you pretended to be Din Djaron, the Mandalorian, protecting it from the Empire.

Turns out, he mostly played with it like it was a baby doll. He immediately asked what the proper way to carry a baby was, and I had to show him how you needed to make sure to support its head, and keep it in the crook of your arm. He took it everywhere like that from then on.

I guess it was his baby now. Later, when we went out, he made his sister promise to babysit for him. The next day, when he went back to school, he put Baby Yoda in his pod (the box that he came in) in front of his sister's door with a note asking her to keep watch over him. He's a very attentive father to his alien offspring.

No comments: