Sunday, August 29, 2021

A Real American Hero

When I was with Rish Outfield, we stopped for a little toy hunting on our way to the Salt Flats. They had these G.I. Joe metal figures on sale for $3. I couldn't resist, so I grabbed one and we went to get in line.

Somebody...or many somebodies...must have been sick that day, however, because they seemed to have a serious lack of cashiers. The lines stretched unconscionably far, even at the self-checkout. Rish and I looked at what we had in our hands to buy, and decided that it was completely not worth it.

This turned out to be a blessing for me, because today I found those same figures at Ross for $2.

I grabbed them happily. I think I'm going to need them for some of the smaller shelf sections that I'm having to make on my Wall of Voodoo.

No comments: