Thursday, August 26, 2021

Salt Flats

Rish Outfield made some goals at the start of the year, and one of them was to visit the Salt Flats in western Utah/eastern Nevada. The Salt Flats are somewhat near where Rish lives, and yet, in all this time, he's never gone to check it out. 

Hence the goal. Which is one of the goals that he had been ignoring for most of the year. After all, who would want to drive all the way out there by themselves? But, since I was in town, I could alleviate the boredom. Rish enjoys road trips when they're not solo. So, I figured I could help him achieve one of his goals, and off we went.

Here we are:


It was like being on a sunny ski slope as far as the brightness goes. If we took our sunglasses off, our eyes would start to water quickly, and you couldn't see anything.

It's a pretty place though. Check out my pictures that I took.







Pretty nice, though all those pictures look pretty similar, right?

Rish brought along some Star Wars toys, and we took some pictures that looked like they could have been taken on Hoth.



Okay, that last picture might not be all that realistic, but it's still fun. This one is even more fun.

Too bad the focus isn't right, so the forced perspective doesn't quite work.

It was so hard to see anything in our phone screens that most of the pictures we took were horribly framed. I threw all those pictures out, however. Rish did save this silly behind the scenes picture of me trying to get shots of the toys.

There were many people who were taking their cars down onto the salt and driving on it, which of course makes sense considering that the Bonneville Salt Flats is where they do all the land speed records stuff.

Rish really wanted to, and he was driving so why would I tell him no? We went down onto the salt and drove all over the place.

That was pretty cool, and even though I'd been to the Salt Flats before, I had never gone driving on them, so it was a new experience for me too.

Rish fulfilled a goal, and we all had a good time.

No comments: