Thursday, August 12, 2021

Gotta Catch 'Em All

I've had these Happy Meal toys of Mr. Incredible and his son Dash for a very long time, but I've never been happy with them. The scale is off. Dash's head is about three times the size of his dad's head. And I didn't have any of the other members of the Parr family either.


Disney started putting out these Pixar figures recently however.

At first, I assumed they were just another line of random characters that would never give me all the characters I wanted. Instead we'd get a Mr. Incredible, a Frozone, a Syndrome, and maybe a Dash.

I was sad to see that you could get the whole crew from Monsters Inc. and from Wall-E, but not from The Incredibles. And I bought those Monsters Inc. guys. I was stoked to finally get Mike and Sully in the proper scale ratio.

I would have bought the Wall-E ones too, except I already have a set of Wall-E and Eve that are almost the same size.

I didn't even consider getting the Mr. Incredible, because I was certain they'd never get the whole family out before Mattel got distracted and moved on to some other line.

But then I saw these figures start to show up in the stores:

Dash? Jack-Jack? Most surprisingly, Elasti-girl? They were actually going to do the whole family? It really looked like that's what was going on. I needed to get these guys, but I had waited too long. Now Mr. Incredible wasn't in every single store like he had been a month ago.

Well, I set to work, getting the figures from various stores and online sites as well. I could tell I was super close when this box came in the mail.

Dash from Amazon, Mr. Incredible from Walmart, Violet from Target, and some Jack-Jacks that were packed in with the other figures.




All I need now is Elasti-girl. Weirdly, she is the one that is hard to find now. Rish tells me he has found one, though, and will have it waiting for me when I come to visit him next week.

They're a little hard to get to stand, especially Violet because she has such tiny feet, but I've managed to get them all to stand for the time being. Don't they look great?

And every few months or so, I can switch out Jack-Jack for a different version to keep it fresh. Can't wait to see Rish and get that last piece of the puzzle.

No comments: