Monday, October 25, 2021

Cover Version

I've written a whole book's worth of Christmas stories in the recent years, and I've threatened to put them out in a nice collection that could be bought at Amazon. However, I didn't have a cover that I thought would suffice, so I used that as my excuse for my inertia.

My daughter, however, is trying to exert some force on my inertia and transform it into movement.

She's an artist, and my birthday is coming up. She wanted to make me a present that I would appreciate more than just another random tie or pair of socks. So she offered to draw something special for me.

I asked her to do a picture of a creepy Elf on the Shelf for my book cover. She took me serious, and is working on it already. She sent me this picture today. Early stages of the final cover.

It's going to be so awesome. It's probably a little late for me to get the book out this Christmas, but if I apply myself, it ought to be good by next yuletide, right?

No comments: