Saturday, January 28, 2023

More More Standalones

Did a few more covers so I could publish a few more stories today. This first one took some help from my daughter, who is really good with photoshop, just to make it work. I once made a cover for this story years ago, and it sat on my desktop waiting to be used forever. Then one day, I finally got sick of seeing it there and deleted it without ever publishing the story. Now, I am recreating it today so that I can finally publish the story.

I really should have done this years ago. Imagine what it might have been like if I'd published my stories back when someone still cared. Would have been neat, right?

Anyway, this story is called "Do Over," and you might have heard me mention it here and there on Dunesteef and Anklecast episodes over the years. It's was the longest story I'd ever written before I wrote my first novel. This story is just shy of being a novel on its own. 

It's about a guy who falls through a portal that takes him back in time to an earlier point in his life. He tries to change his life for the better, but old Father Time doesn't like to be messed with, and the original timeline keeps trying to reassert itself, causing chaos.

Here's the cover I came up with. It's the portal hovering in the air at the Grand Canyon.

This is one of my favorite stories I've written. I think it's pretty good. You should definitely buy it, or just get the whole collection. This is the big finale of the collection.

The other story I published today was the one I wrote for the Broken Mirror Story Event where the premise was "The phone rings in the middle of the night. The voice on the other end only says one word, but it is enough." It's the famous story that got a 1 from one of the judges. I complain about it all the time, and make sure always to counter with the fact that it also got a 10 from another one of the judges.

I like the story, but I guess it's polarizing. You might have heard it before, because I think we released it as an incentive episode for the folks who donated to the show. That's probably a pretty small number of people who have heard it, however. So, if you want to get it, it's available now. It's called "Moonlit Confession."

I did also publish it once on Smashwords, and this cover I made for it is just a recreation of that one.

It's basically a paranormal romance. The main character is a werewolf who decides to finally confess this fact to his girlfriend. How will she take it? Will he have a girlfriend anymore when he's done? Find out by buying the story and reading it. Or you can buy the whole collection and read them all! What a deal!

No comments: