Thursday, January 12, 2023

Paper Books

Every author wants to see his name on a spine, it's what we live for. We'd probably all be fine with the books never even selling as long as we got to see our name on the spine and own our own copy of it.

I published my first book, a collection of my crazy Christmas stories called, Christmas Creatures back in September. It was quite a triumph for me, and something long overdue, but what I put out was only the eBook version, and I wanted all the versions of that book to be available.

So, once the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season passed us by, I got to work learning how to format a file for print. I've worked at it almost constantly for the last few weeks. There's something about it that just fascinates me, and it's enough to keep me going, flailing away until I figure out how to do each and every thing necessary to get the book formatted properly.

Yesterday, at long last, I submitted my paperback version. Today, I submitted the hardback version. Then, I ordered myself some author copies. Before I recommend that any of you buy a copy, I want to make sure that they are as good as I hoped. 

So, I guess stand by, and soon enough, I'll get those books, see if they're any good, and then either fix the problems they have or try to convince you all that you need a copy on your shelf.

I'm also going to start right into my next book, another collection, this time of my non-Christmas related stuff. It will be called Kingdom of Flies and Fireflies: The Short Fiction Collection, Volume One

I'll publish that as an eBook, then get right into making the manuscripts for the physical copies too. I can't wait till you can get your own paperback or hardcover copy, or till I can get one too.

No comments: