Saturday, August 5, 2023

More Clearance...But Not For Me

I've been collecting ships for my 1/72 scale version of Ankletown Station for a while, gathering a bunch of Buzz Lightyear ships, ships from the new Avatar movie, and Star Wars Micro Galaxy Squadron ships

Those last ones in particular, I've been anxiously awaiting their arrival on the clearance aisles. So far, the Millennium Falcon is the only thing I've caught on sale. I did get a couple X-Wings on a slight discount from Walgreens, and stupidly bought a Tie Fighter and the Tie Advanced at full price.

The time may be arriving for the clearance sales, though. I was at Walmart the other day, and I saw both this Imperial Shuttle...

And this AT-AT as well.

Of course, I want both of those ships, but that's not why I'm talking about them. What matters is that they are from the new wave of ships. The wave is arriving on the shelves, which means they need to make room on the shelves for them. So, they'll have to clear out the old ones.

In fact, Rish sent me this picture of what he found the other day.

$10! That's a great price. Amazing! Here at my Walmart, they're still asking this:

So, they're already at something like 70% off at his stores. I often wish I still lived there, and for many reasons, this one isn't necessarily number one, but it is up there a little.

I've been going to the Walmarts continuously for the last while, watching for these ships to go on sale, but as of yet, none have. Rish says I can have one of the Slave I ships that he got, because there were so many that he can certainly spare one, but I'm not sure how I can get it home. I'm actually going out to visit him soon, but I'll be flying home with little to no room in my luggage for the toys that he'll have for me. So, we'll have to see.

I am excited about it, though. I really need to start building something on the space station so that I have a place for these ships to be displayed. It's gonna be pretty cool.

No comments: