Sunday, March 12, 2023

Buzzing

The other day, I was talking about the space station that I want to build to house 1/72 scale ships and figures, and I showed the ship that I had from the Lightyear movie. Well, there are a lot of other ships from that movie in that scale. I did buy two Lightyear ships altogether, and then I figured I'd wait until they went on sale or showed up at Ross for the rest. The movie bombed pretty badly, and the toys were certainly not flying off the shelf, so it was only a matter of time.

Well, that day has arrived. The other day, I saw my first Lightyear 1/72 scale ship at Ross.

I bought it. That was at least half off what they sold them at retail. I only wished there were others to choose from, because there were so many different designs of that XL ship, and they made a toy for pretty much all of them.

Then I went next door to Marshall's, and their toy section, which usually sucks had about twenty of these ships with three different designs to choose from. They were the same price as they were at Ross as well. I realized that I didn't have to buy every single one that I saw, because there were going to be a lot of them available.

I only bought one more at Marshall's. Of the three designs they had there, I really only liked the one that I picked. The other two were very similar and also very weird looking. So, these are the two Lightyear ships I picked up.

The shorter one on the right is my favorite. It's cool enough that I'm tempted to go get more of them and possibly create a squadron of some sort. I need to settle down, however. There's no need to buy a million ships and waste all our money on this crap. I've got one, and that should do. I need to tamp down my addictive nature and just be good with what I've got. There are a few other designs that they produced that I'd like to get. Maybe if I see them, I can buy some more.

No comments: