Thursday, October 10, 2024

A Transparent Problem

I mentioned a few posts back that they'd opened a bunch of Ollie's stores around the Houston area. There are now two that I can get to on a regular basis. So, I swung by the other one a little while ago to see what it had. Most of what I saw there was the same as the one I went to before. They did have a Captain America figure that I don't have, though.

I guess this is a comic version of the guy, but he makes me think of the costume he wore at the start of  Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I like to get any Captain America to add to my shelves at the Fourth of July time, so I picked this one up. I was a little disappointed, however. The figure was fine, but apparently, the shield is supposed to be an energy shield or a holo shield or something. So, they made it out of transparent plastic. I think it looks silly.

Particularly the parts that would be white...or possibly silver. Those parts are totally see-through, clear plastic, and it just barely even looks like Captain America. You couldn't really tell that was what you were getting from the box. It looks like a normal shield.

Maybe slightly transparent, but that stripe and star are freaking white as can be. I guess This is another reason to hate the closed box packaging. I wouldn't have been clueless about the shield if I could see it through the plastic window. Though I probably would have bought it anyway. It's Captain America. I get any that I can for my Fourth of July shelf, so I'm gonna get this one too.

No comments: