Monday, October 14, 2024

Halloween Decorations Post #6

Okay, here's a quick one. Maybe I should have included this in the post I did about toys that came from movies, but for some reason, I figured it needed its own post.

So, here are the few decorations that I have from The Nightmare Before Christmas.

We can start with this guy. He's a stuffed Jack Skellington that Rish sent out to me once among the various things he'd grabbed for me at the thrift store.

He has a bit of a wire frame inside of it, though, so you can pose him...but only a little bit. I was able to manage to get him to sit, but that's the best I could do.

Don't worry, there's more Jack Skellington to be had. Here he is again with his cute little doggy, Zero.

This is the Disney Toybox version of Jack. I had to get him one of the times I went by the Disney Store looking for something else. That's also the Loyal Subjects Mumm-Ra from Thundercats there next to him. I left that guy up, because he really fits for the Halloween season too.

Here's another version of Jack Skellington, but the emphasis is on another version here. This is the Jack Skellington from the very start of the movie as they sing the "This Is Halloween" song. Jack comes out with a pumpkin on his head and dressed like a scarecrow. He dances around for a while, lights himself on fire, and then jumps into the well, and comes out looking like the pumpkin king we know and love. Here he is:

I have him a few skeleton backup dancers there as well. Mostly because the Pumpkin King figure is so tall that he needed to be in a large spot to fit, but it looked totally empty if he's the only thing there. The skeletons I got from Big Lots one year. They had them for super cheap, and once it got relatively close to Halloween, they put them on clearance, so I didn't even have to pay the super cheap full price for them. The only trouble is that they have a really hard time remaining standing. The damn things fall constantly. The one on the right in the picture has already fallen and is leaning on Jack's hand to stay up.

Okay, here's the last one:

On the upper shelf there is some figurines that I got at the dollar store. We have Jack, Sally, and Zero in that picture. I actually really like those ones. I love them even more, because they also had a Jack Skellington dressed as Santa figurine on sale at the dollar store as well. I grabbed that one, and come November, I will switch out the Skeleton Jack for the Santa Jack, and leave the rest up. Jack was right. It's fun to mix the holidays sometimes.

Oh, and since I won't be reshowing the same picture in a later post, on the main shelf in that picture is a Mego headless horseman figure I found at Walmart one time. I couldn't pass it up. I don't love Mego figures, but that headless horseman is pretty rad. He doesn't hold a candle to the Figura Obscura Headless Horseman they did a while back, but at $120 versus $8, I can deal with a little bit less quality.

No comments: