Thursday, October 3, 2024

Halloween Decorations Post #4

Another decorations post for you. Let's see what we've got today...

I guess I could do one of the various Fortnite guys I have up. There's actually quite a few, which is pretty weird considering the fact that I've never once played a single second of Fortnite. Why do I own so many of their toys? Well, they make cool Halloween-friendly designs. One of the first Fortnite figures I ever got for use on Halloween was the Skull Trooper. I got myself a lot of those guys. Here's picture number one:

These guys are actually from two different toy lines. The taller ones are from the McFarlane 7-inch scale figures. Then the Jazwares 6-inch figures showed up at Ross a few years later and I grabbed several more. I really like the idea of a military looking dude dressing up with skull face paint and painting bones onto their fatigues. I liked it so much that I built a novel idea around it. I'm supposed to start writing on it next...although I think I may have started a new novel starring Simon Lazerfist instead, so it may be a while before I ever get started on it.

This isn't where my Skull Troopers end, though. They made the 7-inch scale, 6-inch scale, and also a 4-inch scale figure. I found a lot of the 4-inch scale ones at Ross as well, and bought them pretty much every time I got a chance. Then I became obsessed when I learned that there was a female version as well called Skull Ranger. I found one on sale at Amazon and bought it, then one day I found a second one at Ross, so I have two of those as well.

That means I have a lot of figures. When I set them all up, I didn't have enough room to fit all of them in one space, so I made two crews.

Crew One gets a picture to themselves, because there weren't any other Halloween things next to them, but Crew Two has to share its picture with a knockoff Halloween Lego house that my wife got me for Christmas last year.

So, I have seven 4-inch scale Skull Trooper/Skull Ranger figures, and six of the larger scale. I never did get one of the 12-inch Titan Heroes scale figures though. Maybe I need to fix that and get another...hmm.

That Lego house was hard to put together. They're knockoff Legos, and the bricks are at least half the size of regular ones. Let me tell you, my fingers are not made for such a task. I need to make another kid so that I have someone with hands small enough to do things like that for me, because my youngest is twelve now and about to shoot up to supersize at any minute.

Okay, what else do we have. Here's a group of figures that I kind of made on my own. I can't remember the name of the ones with the axes, but I gave them the pumpkin heads myself. Looking back, the guy's name is actually Raptor. Those are actually backpacks. I removed the normal head for the figure, which was just a man in a ski-mask, and drilled a hole in the bottom of the backpack and put it on the neck. They don't stay on very well, but they don't have to. Once I get them set up, they stay just fine. The guy in the middle is called Raven, I think, and he's pretty spooky looking, so I thought he would go well with the pumpkin head guys.

Here's another one. Jeez, I'm pretty bad with these guys. I have no idea what the names of the figures are again. The one on the left is a Fortnite guy. He's got this iron dog-like mask with flames coming out of the mouth and head. I don't know, I'd call him Hell Hound or Devil Dog or something like that. The guy on the right isn't a Fortnite guy, but another game...League of Legends maybe? Again, I'm just not a gamer, so I don't know these things. Oh, I was right. He came up when I ran a Google search. His name is Thresh, and I did a post about him back when I got him.

Okay, here's another cool one. I found a set of astronaut Fortnite figures named Deo and Siona. I got a sweet deal on them, and I wondered what would happen if I took them and swapped their heads out for skulls and turned them into zombies. I repainted their spacesuits to look like what might have happened if they were killed and then turned into zombies, which I thought looked really great. Then, just a few months ago, I added to my group of zombie astronauts when I bought a guy called Wal-Torr the Mad from Cosmic Legions. I put the group of astronauts together for this set-up. I feel it looks really great.

I might need to put those guys in a different spot next year, though, because you can't see Deo and Siona as well as you probably had ought to be able to. Also, I need to gunk up Wal-Torr's suit. He looks too clean.

Okay, I think that's all of them, so I'll close my post for today, and we'll do another soon. See you then.

No comments: